[fpc-devel] Several problems compiling fpc 2.1.1

Lee, John john.lee at logicacmg.com
Tue Oct 4 12:52:25 CEST 2005

Strange, I too get the error in h2pas in dbf_lang on the v211 go32v2 and win32 snapshots respectively for today (see email & logs).

Regards John
-----------------------
Peter Vreman wrote:
>>Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>None of my nightly builds seem to succeed with svn/fpc/trunk.
>>
>><snip>
>>

> Unable to reproduce this. The program itself has ended. What kernel
> version is used? And what is the result of a strace if you add {$linklib
> c} in pp.pas and try to run a newly build ppc1?

If I add {linklib c} it runs without error and make cycle completes.

Then I get this error:
/home/fpcfan/rpmbuild/BUILD/fpc/compiler/ppc386 -XX -CX -Ur -Xs -OG2p3 -n -S2 -Sh
-Fu/home/fpcfan/rpmbuild/BUILD/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -FE.
-FU/home/fpcfan/rpmbuild/BUILD/fpc/fcl/units/i386-linux -di386 -dRELEASE dbf.pas
dbf_lang.pas(494,23) Error: Incompatible types: got "LongInt" expected "AnsiString"
dbf_lang.pas(640) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
dbf_lang.pas(19,15) Fatal: Compilation aborted

Similar to the h2pas error on darwin (where dbf is not compiled).

Karl-Michael Schindler said on IRC that the h2pas error on darwin was introduced in
revision 1277.

Vincent.
fpc-devel maillist  -  fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org