[fpc-devel] PR advancement

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Thu Nov 24 17:47:59 CET 2005

> >> I guess that even a "manager" is able to type "fpc" or "lazarus" into
> >> google.
> >>
> > And he'll find a bunch of fanboy websites.

True.. we can create directories more like Torry.net instead of things like PasWiki
which sometimes are biased and fanboy-ish ;-) I guess I think its a good idea to
outsource the web development to people like me, you, and freepascal users - so
Michael, Daniel, Jonas, Florian, Peter, and all those others can work on the compiler
and documentation instead of website designs.

> So what answer would you propose for the FAQ question "Are there any
> real world applications made with Free Pascal/Lazarus" ? A huge list of
> every program that was ever compiled with FPC ? A short list of "chosen
> projects" ? Who will decide and maintain the list of "most bright
> projects developed using FPC+Lazarus" ?

"Contributed Programs" section. Let the users manage the directory (outsourcing the
work, just like how "contributed units" section is outsourced and requires little/no
maintenance from FPC team).