[fpc-devel] MySQL v4.0 v4.1 and v5.0

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Nov 18 11:34:18 CET 2005

> >>For mysql connection I would prefer an component for each version so
> >>users have it clear from begining, and not need to change anything.
> >
> > The problem is that those different components coud not be installed at
> > the same time.

> Why is it impossible to have a mysql40connection, mysql41connection and
> mysql50connection in one application? In what way is this different from
> having mysqlconnection and ibconnection in one application?

If we implement that, and sqldb is installed

Laz --> mysql40conn (tmysql40conn) --> mysql40 (pmysql, mysql_init())
        mysql41conn (tmysql41conn) --> mysql41 (pmysql, mysql_init())
        mysql50conn (tmysql50conn) --> mysql50 (pmysql, mysql_init())

Lazarus uses the mysql40conn,mysql41conn and mysql50conn units, they all
use a different mysql-unit, but all those units implement functions and
procedures with the same name, but with other arguments.

I'm not sure it the compiler will allow that?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

  Joost van der Sluis
  CNOC Informatiesystemen en Netwerken