[fpc-devel] File locations

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 8 20:16:21 CET 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Paul Davidson wrote:
> > Latest (more or less) versions of 2.1.1 and 2.0.1 seems to have changed
> > file locations for generated files.
> >
> > This breaks the FPC XCode integration kit.
>
> I think this has been caused by a fix in the -o option handling.
> Before it ignored the extension.
>
> Now it cannot be used in combination with -FE. I think Michael van Canneyt is
> working on a fix for this: -FE is not ignored if the -o options doesn't
> include a path.

This is correct. Revision 1698 contains this fix.

The behaviour is now:
- If -o contains a path, it overrides any previous -FE.
  If -o does not contain a path, it leaves any -FE setting intact.
- If -FE is specified after -o, it will override the output path.

So

 -FEdir1 -odir2/binfile     outputs in dir2
 -FEdir2 -obinfile          outputs in dir2
 -odir1/binfile -FEdir2     outputs in dir2

Michael.