[fpc-devel] don't you think it'stime toupdatedelphimodecompatibility? - IDispatch, implements

Jamie McCracken jamie-junk at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 29 13:26:58 CEST 2005

>> Some things that will affect executable size include:
>>
>> 1) Over zealous use of inlining (I dont see a command option to
>> control how much inlining is done)
>

> There is almost none in the rtl.

Doesn't the compiler attempt to inline small functions/methods
automatically as part of its optimisation (even if the inline directive
is not specified)?

> The only way to get better smartlinking is to build an integrated linker
> in the compiler. That way we can control everything.

Or have more static stuff. It should be possible for the compiler to
unbox some classes (like .Net with its boxing/unboxing optimiser) into
more static stuff.

jamie.