[fpc-devel] lazarus bug report + fix: Utf8ToUnicode doesn't work correctly

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed May 4 12:49:28 CEST 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 4 mei 2005, at 12:04, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> > > It contains a fixed version of the Utf8ToUnicode function. Since it
> > > is part of
> > > the rtl, I close this lazarus issue and send you this message. I did
> > > not test
> > > the fixed version.
> >
> > The files in the zip file are not usable; They're in some unicode format,
> > which
> > I can't use nor check on Linux.
>
> They're plain UTF-8. I know for a fact there are editors under Linux which
> support that (at least emacs does, and it would surprise me immensely if vim
> doesn't). Anyway, here's the plain ascii version of the "-fixed" file.

I already got it from Vincent and applied the patch. But:
- diff doesn't grok unicode.
- "joe" doesn't grok it either.
- "kate" & "kwrite" - no grok.
- PFE (Windows) doesn't grok it either.
- Apparently vim converts to plain ascii before editing.
- Last but not least: The FPC Compiler also doesn't grok unicode :-)

So much for unicode :/

Michael.