[fpc-devel] Patch for bug 2453

Sterling Bates iwannabefp at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 31 08:23:30 CEST 2005

I wasn't entirely certain about the use of EOF_CTRLZ, but since it's a conditional compile, and the patch is in an include, I felt it better to use it than ignore it :)

I agree regarding ReadNumeric.  That one will need some work.

Thanks,

Sterling

Your message below:
The EOF part looks correctly to me (although I didn't check whether there aren't other places where the check should be added too). The current behaviour when the character is recognized in Eof function (depending on EOF_CTRLZ conditional), but not otherwise, isn't very consistent, IMHO. However, let's wait what other core team members would think about it.

Regarding function ReadNumeric, I think there's at least one open issue there, and that's missing handling of 'e' (or 'E') character for exponent. I'm not sure whether there are any other allowed characters, but at least this one should be supported.