[fpc-devel] webserver

Daniel Herzog expose at luftgetrock.net
Tue Mar 29 19:47:29 CEST 2005

>>>I don't know what or where the problem is, but you're the first person I
>>>hear of who can't reach it.
>>>

>>It worked for ages here, while i never touched my router for about 2
>>years now...
>>
>>Maybe someone responsible for the webserver could show up and tell me if
>>there were changes done to it recently or not?
>

> ISP and consequently DNS has changed. Check the IP address.
> It should be 62.166.198.202
>
> But you're the only one to report problems, which suggests the problem is
> somewhere on your side. Maybe a proxy ?

I dont use proxies - i can ping it perfectly fine.
"ping -s 1432 www.freepascal.org" this assambles to a package size of
1460 which is the mtu of my router - larger packages dont work.

192.168.0.2 is a bridge i need to pass in order to get to 192.168.0.1
Here is my setup:
192.168.0.3 <-> 192.168.0.2 <-> 192.168.0.1 -> ADSL connection

0.3 and 0.2 have a mtu of 1500 while 0.1 has 1442.
0.1 automatically lowers it's mtu to the highest working value - it's a
hardware solution...

No matter what i change all those mtu's to - 1460 byte will be the
bigges package that works. maybe one can change the server to not send
larger stuff, and see it this solves it.

I even kept track of PPPoE headers when testing, with no result...