[fpc-devel] First benchmark of Abbrevia 4.0

DrDiettrich drdiettrich at compuserve.de
Sun Mar 27 19:42:21 CEST 2005

A friend of mine just has tested my archiver, with the following results
for an TAR with a million of files:

PowerArchiver: 530 minutes.
My Unarch: 160 minutes.

I hope to get the original .tgz archive soon, in order to test it with
GNU gzip and tar as well. The time may decrease again when the log is
redirected into an file...

Currently I'm implementing a ZIP module, as the last proof-of-concept
for the extractors. This is a very hard job, because half of all
Abbrevia modules are involved and have to be updated. Then comes the
final step, the creation of new archives.

DoDi