[fpc-devel] Changing transaction properties specific to IB when using IBConnection

Michalis Kamburelis michalis at camelot.homedns.org
Fri Mar 18 16:39:27 CET 2005

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> I would propose to introduce a enumerated
>
> TSQLTransactionStyle =(tsConcurrent,tsReadCommit, etc.);
>
> Then add a TransactionStyle to TSQLTransaction;
> This must be mapped by the TSQLConnection when creating the handle.

Indeed, this would be more elegant than my solution, but this would
require finding some common functionality between various databases
(Firebird, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and thinking about others in the future).
I.e. something that would be both flexible and yet (at least relatively)
portable to all TSQLConnection descendants. I'll look into this
tomorrow. Although I may need some help about what transaction modes can
be expressed in PostgreSQL and MySQL. I'll see tomorrow what I can do
(and where I will need some help :).

Michalis.