[fpc-devel] RE: Hint: Parameter "sender" not used

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 15:22:42 CET 2005

> This is not a big issue, anyway could we avoid the endless list
> of such similar hints compiling Lazarus and our program?

I frequently find a similar annoyance with c library callbacks.

For instance, most gtk functions have a "user_data" parameter that
is often unused.

Maybe there could be a procedure directive and/or compiler switch to
ignore unsused parameter hints on prototyped functions, or perhaps to
turn this particluar hint off completely?

Or even a "dummy" function like: Ignore(Sender);

 - Jeff