[fpc-devel] {$DEFINE x := something}

Peter J. Haas fpc.ml at pjh2.de
Thu Jun 30 15:27:17 CEST 2005

Hi Florian,

on 2005-06-30T10:25:46+02:00 Florian wrote:
> There is a reason why the whole compiler sources are lower case: the
> sources are rather complex with a lot of nested ifs etc. so we use a
> very high screen resolution to edit the source. I use usually 70
> lines on a 17" TFT or 19" CRT ...

A 17" TFT has usually a resolution of 1280x1024. To get 70 lines, you
need a 7pt font, not really readable. On the other side, than the
source have only 25% of the screen wide. You should use a rotatable
screen, then you can use a readable font and use more than 25% of the
screen.

> ... and such high resolutions are much easier to read if everything
> is lower case because it makes the distance between lines bigger.

Maybe using lower case only make the text easier to read, but not the
contents.

wkr Peter.