[fpc-devel] Fedora Core 4

Colin Western mftq75 at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 21 22:48:45 CEST 2005

Joost van der Sluis wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 22:12 +0100, Colin Western wrote:
>

>>I found two minor problems (so far) on Fedora Core 4 (current svn):
>>1.  The "Copyright:" tag must be "License:" in the fpc.spec file.
>>(Apparently "Copyright:" has been deprecated for a while).
>>2.  The samplecfg script fails, probably because the upgrade to gcc 4
>>has changed the output of gcc -v
>>

>Take a look here: www.cnoc.nl/fpc
>
>I'm trying to get these packages into fedora-extras. If you have some
>comments, they are welcome...

I gave it a quick try, and it seems basically ok for me. Point 2 is
still needs fixing as per my patch. Having said that, maybe the
samplecfg stuff should be run at rpm build time - the result will be
fixed for a given
build. This means the standard rpm approach of marking the fpc.cfg file
as a configuration file (and thus potentially preserved across upgrades)
can be taken. It would also loose the output from the postinstall rpm
script (I think the rpm standard says these scripts should have no output.)

Is the idea that the fpc.spec file then becomes the standard for fpc?

Colin