[fpc-devel] OpenGL library loading

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:16:58 CEST 2005

I've noticed that openGL libraies are loaded in the initialization
section and if the loading fails it writelns something and halts.

I think this is innapropriate. I've made some changes but first I want
to know your opinion.

Do you think it's better to let the user load the library(via some
simple procedure) or have it initialized automaticly. If so, IMHO an
exception should be used(because of windows crashing with writeln).

I've currently made it to try and load the library in the initialization
but without any "failure notice". I've added a GL[u[t]]IsLoaded function
so the users can see and also TryLoadGL[u[t]].

Tell me which way to go and I'll implement it.

Ales