[fpc-devel] Library and unit search paths under MacOSX with fpc 2.0.0?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jun 16 08:51:26 CEST 2005

> Am 15.06.2005 um 14:47 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
>
> The changed fpc.cfg file has to be put into the darwin bootstrap tar
> ball, which also contains the bootstrap compiler. sorry for the lack
> of documentation.
> Actually my fpc.cfg file contains:
>
> -Fl/usr/lib
> -Fl/sw/lib
> -Fl/usr/X11R6/lib
>
> Should I put that into the darwin default fpc.cfg file?

No. This is not done on *BSD systems. The correct way is to make a
.fpc.cfg.sample, and require root to install it explicitely.

Anything that is dangerous for root, should be explicitely done by root,
never by an automated system.

> Maybe, Ales could put his experiences to the wiki page. Just in case
> people using other libraries or installers. As much as I know
> darwinports puts its stuff into /opt.

/opt is a typical one. It is listed in the System V hier iirc.

You'll also want /usr/local/lib btw.