[fpc-devel] BUG: gtk2 unit and GtkFileChooserDialog

peter green plugwash at bircd.org
Fri Jun 10 02:39:23 CEST 2005

> > Well the problem is that you cannot find a word about this "setting" in
> > any  readme or web-page, the problem is that someone that doesn't know
> > about it  could loose hours trying to find why GtkFileChooserDialog is
> > unavailable  although there's an entire array of files with it's name.
>
> The documentation is a further problem. See below.
> We need a better solution for the binary releases anyway.

the better soloution is dlopen/dlsym this allows the descision on what to
use to be moved to app development time or even runtime. (e.g. only using
new features if they are actually availible)

unfortunately doing this by hand is tedious++ so i think code generation
will have to be used to reasonablly do this. basically you have to generate
stubs that check if a procvar is nill,call a function to populate it if it
is nil and then call down the procvar. the code generator would take a name
and a parameter list and spit out theese stubs.