[fpc-devel] Re: KOL for freepascal (was: Extend the libraries people!)

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Tue Jun 7 13:12:49 CEST 2005

| If you don't want to use the form designer, Lazarus is a capable code
| editor with good support for include files for KOL/freepascal projects
| too. Just use a program or custom program in Lazarus.
|
| Vincent.

I use Lazarus all the time.. but form editor would be nice in the future.

Creating components on the fly with KOL is not so bad, but it also takes time, and
it's not as good for beginners who want to try freepascal quickly with no hassles.

I'll see if MCK works with FPC 2.0.0.. if so, people could build applications in
Delphi but compile in freepascal/lazarus. That would just be evil and nasty.

While converting the KOL libraries and getting a hello world application running, I
realized I did not have to do this! Someone has already done it already:
http://members.chello.nl/t.koning8/fpc_in_kol_proper.htm

So we at least have two people working on KOL for freepascal so far!

Lars