Modern Pascal Dialect [was Re: [fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-l] type discussion]

Nico Aragón na-list at espira.net
Sat Jun 4 11:50:40 CEST 2005

El Sábado, 4 de Junio de 2005 11:00, Jamie McCracken escribió:

> I had thought of that but thats problematic for debugging. IE the
> compiler returns line numbers for errors and they will not match if I
> use an external preprocessor.

See the recent thread "How to manually control debug information" in this
list. I asked the very same thing.

> For replacing Begin..End blocks with indents in my new dialect I planned
> to use the compiler's internal preprocessor in the compiler to put back
> the begin/end blocks without affecting the line numbers. I can do
> likewise for syntactic sugar.
>
> If you or anybody else has advise on how best to implement it then
> please let me know - I apreciate anything that will help me here.

I've been playing with the same concept for years, so I think I do have some
advice :-) The preprocessor is the right step to start. I have a working
scanner and the next tasks (conditional "compilation" and expressions)
planned in detail. If you're interested, we could share the work.

--
saludos,

    Nico Aragón