[fpc-devel] Extend the libraries people!

Kornel Kisielewicz charon at magma-net.pl
Fri Jun 3 12:54:21 CEST 2005

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

>Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>

>>Okay, agreed. But what is there that can be done? I mean, yes -- there
>>are many things that can be done by Pascal guru's, but is there anything
>>to be done by a typical Pascal programmer? (without the knowledge of
>>similar C libraries) I'm a FreePascal programmer that would really like
>>to contribute to the project (for all it has given me) -- but with the
>>lack of compiler/linux related skills I don't see much I could do.
>>

>- create good container classes (map, hash, trees etc.)

That could be done... but it needs some common FPC standard -- via
interfaces? Like ITreeElement, I HashElement? Anyway, I'm not good at
"one cycle less" stuff, so such units would still need a lot of
optimizing by someone else... I think I'd pass up on this one.

>- write a bcd classes

BCD?

>- extend e.g. the convutils stuff

Havn't seen that one yet.

>- look at your own work which could be abstracted and being interesting for fpc

Oh my... I've got a huge library of my own things, usualy needing a lot
of optimization, but mostly roguelike-games related :-/. I also have a
few "libraries" written using Jedi-SDL.

>- write docs for the already existing packages

This could work. But I guess the set standard for that documentation
would be fpcdoc? Still need to figure out how to use that one... :-/

--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl/doom/]