[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-l] type discussion

Jamie McCracken jamie-junk at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 19:45:43 CEST 2005

L505 wrote:

> | Yeah I know this sounds like a hybrid Pascal/python but I believe thats
> | the way to go - marry Delphi's speed and component framework with less
> | verbose python style syntax and you will have the best RAD language ever
> | written.
> |

> You are asking to reinvent python. If I were you, I'd just look into finding a python
> compiler. Everything you say points to the fact that you like the way python is laid
> out. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with different taste.

No not at all. I dont want python but I would like to borrow some of its
more concise syntax to make delphi less verbose thats all. Python is way
too flawed with its grossly inefficient dynamic typing to ever be good
for building general purpose applications.

I'll see if I can create a modern dialect and integrate it into FPC...
Any documents/info on how the compiler is laid out would be most
appreciated.

jamie.