[fpc-devel] modernizing pascal discussions

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Thu Jun 2 18:05:14 CEST 2005

I think we should put these kind of threads to an end. We get several
different request which conflict or need a lot of time:

- Packages
- Better optimizer
- Better smartlinking (internal linker) to reduce executable size
- Easier cross platform (internal linker/assemblers)
- Faster (C++ like) exception handling
- More Delphi compatible

I guess the above all gives us enough work for the next 10 years.

If you want to modernize the language you can take the current fpc code and
extend it yourself. If the extension is clear and we agree on it it can
eventually be put in the main fpc release.

So please stop useless requests and debating and start coding.

Peter