[fpc-devel] DB Bug in 2.0.1?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Jul 21 00:40:49 CEST 2005

I've got an app built with 2.0.0 using TDbf 6.4.3.  All of the date
fields work fine.

I tried building this app with 2.0.1 from July 5th (and again from
today's 2.0.1 snapshot) of FPC and all date fields are reading as
"12/31/0000" when read as both a string and as a TDateTime.  I use the
same download of TDbf in both, not the TDbf that's packaged with FPC.

This happens both in code and within data aware components.

I've also noticed that the TDBGrid component in Lazarus no longer allows
reliable editing of the data.  Most of the time it just reverts the cell
back to it's previous value, but sometimes it will let the change save
(and I'm not sure why it's not consistent.)  I'm assuming this might be
related to the recent db subsystem changes?

Can someone confirm the date issue for me?

Thanks,
Tony Maro