[fpc-devel] Re: Patch: Exception handling without SysUtils

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Thu Jul 7 21:37:14 CEST 2005

I think the idea is that exception handling should be kept separate in case a
user wants to use his own exception handling. If the user explicitly wants
to use exception handling, he just includes the sysutils unit.

However, I suppose if the sysutils unit involves some extra code bloat (due to
initialization and finalization), and the user doesn't want to use sysutils in
his project at all (but he does want exception handling) then there should be
an option to use exception handling without the sysutils unit?
(maybe a {$MODE HandleException} ?)