[fpc-devel] Freepascal on SPARC, MIPS(EL) and ARM GNU/Linux hosts

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Jan 2 05:25:38 CET 2005

En/na Michael Schnell ha escrit:

> Do you think it's really essential to have the compiler run on the
> target ? Cross-compiling should be much easier to do and a lot easier to
> work with for the users. (Is anybody really supposed to write programs
> on his PDA ? )

Well, my arm machine (a buffalo linkstation pro) is sold as a network
drive, has 128MBytes, it comes from the factory with a vendor provided
stripped-down linux, and it has been hacked to run full-fledged debian,
so it's not exactly a pda (in fact it's my personal
mail/web/jabber/nfs/and various other things server).
Cross-compiling is too much of a hassle for me, since I'd have to
reproduce the library environment of the lspro on the host machine, and
I should also carefully study the documentation on cross-compiling ;-)

Bye
--
Luca