[fpc-devel] Threading / Synchronization

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Jan 17 10:37:12 CET 2005

On So, 2005-01-16 at 23:36 +0100, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:

> The attached program works well under Linux when compiled with Kylix3. It
> counts from 1 to 10 and ends. FPC compiles it, but doesn't work (loops
> forever). Seems that CheckSynchronize doesn't work (or perhaps
> TThread.Synchronize?).

Afaik this hasn't been implemented (yet). I (re)wrote some threading
stuff but couldn't finish it.

> Another issue: CheckSynchronize has in Kylix3 an optional parameter (Timeout:
> Integer = 0), not available in FPC.

Which is, I think, ignored and only there for windows compatibility. But
I'm not sure at all, could you check? [Though OTOH, it shouldn't be too
hard to implement given the scheme neli and I discussed on #fpc]

johannes