[fpc-devel] compiling fpc from cvs
Marco van de Voort
marcov at stack.nl
Tue Feb 22 08:25:19 CET 2005
[ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
> > So let's assume I'm a completely idiot and I have downloaded fpc from cvs
> > to
> > compile it on a windows system. Do I have any hope to compile it?
> Install fpc 1.0.10
> Download fpc from cvs
> Start cmd.exe
- make sure the FPC dir is the first in your path. (\pp\bin\win32)
> Go to the new fpc directory
> Type 'make all'
> Not much different from compiling any other C project.
- make a copy of the 1.0.10 directory. (e.g. c:\pp19)
- rename the pp19\bin\win32 to pp19\bin\i386-win32
- go back to the fpc/ (CVS) directory
- type make 'install INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\pp19'
- copy the binary files in the CVS over the ones in the pp19\bin\i386-win32
- rename pp to pp10, and then pp19 to pp
- change your path configuration to point to c:\pp\bin\i386-win32 instead
- post edit the -Fu line in fpc.cfg to point to c:\pp\units\i386-win32\*
More information about the fpc-devel