[fpc-devel] compiling fpc from cvs

Uberto Barbini uberto at gama-soft.com
Mon Feb 21 22:19:47 CET 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 21:45, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > Where can I find info about compiling fpc from cvs?
>
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf

If there ain't a simple way to compile on win then study all these 24 pages, I
think I'll surrender! ;))

Anyway, page 5 you describe the mess with 3 gcc existings on win, but you
don't suggest which is the best and don't mention that in fpc cvs does exist
a binw32 directory with gcc tools.
So which is the simplest way to compile it?

Moreover I think that a previous version of fpc binaries will suffice to
compile latest cvs sources but reading paragraph 1.2.5 I don't understand if
any version of ppc will suffice or what version is needed.

After that there are some pages about obtaining source from cvs, which I
skipped, and suddenly I found myself reading without understanding anything.

So let's assume I'm a completely idiot and I have downloaded fpc from cvs to
compile it on a windows system. Do I have any hope to compile it?

Bye Uberto