[fpc-devel] Video unit -- bug? Tracedump -- request?

Kornel Kisielewicz charon at magma-net.pl
Wed Feb 16 00:07:54 CET 2005

Hello all,

    I know, I posted about it already on fpc-pascal, but I got no reply, and
I'm realy stuck with the linux version of my game because of it... At least
please tell me where can I get answers to these questions :-( (other than
"use the source, Luke" ;-) )

    I'm in the process of porting my FreePascal roguelike game from DOS to
Linux. The game finally compiles, but I've hit two problems, one with the
Video unit, the other one with LineInfo/Tracedump.

    Video doesn't restore terminal settings on Linux after exiting -- the
command line doesn't show any typed in text, and doesn't process CR
characters... Is this a bug? And if not, what's the cure? (except of course
manual reset of the console after execution)

    LineInfo/Tracedump -- Is there an easy way to make the output of the
tracedump after a crash be appended to a file? Or redirected at all? I need
people to submit bug-reports, and while using Video unit the dumps arent
readable at all on linux... :-(

At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz