[fpc-devel] Internal error in Delphi mode

Craig Peterson craig at scootersoftware.com
Fri Feb 11 17:29:25 CET 2005

Hi All,

I've just recently started using Free Pascal through the Lazarus
project, and I've found a bit of my code which is causing problems with
the compiler.

I've attached the complete sample program below.  In objfpc mode
everything works fine; in delphi mode the Length(c.IntArray[0]) line
causes it to fail with an internal error 200405023.  Also compiles if I
first assign c.IntArray[0] to a variable and then ask for it's length.

I'm compiling using fpc 1.9.6, 2005/01/03, for i386, on Windows 2000.

Regards,
Craig Peterson

program project1;

{$mode delphi}

uses
   types;

type
   TTestClass = class
     function GetIntArray(Index: Integer): TIntegerDynArray;
     property IntArray[Index: Integer]: TIntegerDynArray
       read GetIntArray;
   end;

function TTestClass.GetIntArray(Index: Integer): TIntegerDynArray;
begin
   Result := nil;
end;

var