[fpc-devel] fpc.cfg format

Robert Reimiller certgrps at certsoft.com
Tue Aug 23 01:25:26 CEST 2005

On the off chance that the new ppcarm compiler and units I just built
will work with a big endian ARM, I am trying to figure out how to
actually build a test program.

Is it possible to use the Lazarus IDE to edit and compile/assemble/link?
I changed the compiler path to the new compiler and made sure
spurious command line options were off.

I get a message indicating it can't run the assembler and is switching
to external assembling. Someone else had this problem back in May and
got the response "The newer compilers requires an updated fpc.cfg and
that the assembler is called e.g. arm-linux-as and arm-linux-ld."

I haven't been able to find any documentation that shows the format of
this new fpc.cfg and how you set the assembler and linker. Can
anybody help?

If Lazarus can't be used, how about Kdevelop?