[fpc-devel] Re: Mac G3 and FPC

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Thu Nov 18 11:45:37 CET 2004

On 18 nov 2004, at 09:05, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Otherwise, depending on the OS, it will cause alignment exceptions or
> (if
> the OS "fixes" it) possible performance detoriation.

I think NetBSD and maybe some other obscure OSes are the only ones that
absolutely need this. Under Mac OS X, the performance loss of not using
-dppc603 will be minimal, because the RTL changes that this causes are
overridden by libc routines. The impact of the changes in the compiler
is much smaller.

Jonas