[fpc-devel] gui console in windows

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Mon Nov 8 12:37:11 CET 2004

At 01.07 05/11/2004, you wrote:
>We have problems with keybord drivers and text encoding in it (text
>prepared with windows editor needs to be encoder to dos cp when outputing
>if you want to see national characters properly).

just change the console's output codepage ("chcp" command at the prompt or
SetConsoleOutputCP to do it programmatically). It defaults to the system's
OEM codepage, for consistence with full-screen mode, but it can be set to
any valid codepage, including UTF-7 and UTF-8. Also, if you write Unicode
text there is no problem