[fpc-devel]Many new warnings

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Sun May 30 00:04:49 CEST 2004

At 20:17 29-5-2004, you wrote:
>On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:24:51 +0200 (CEST)  "Peter Vreman"
><peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
>

> > > The current cvs fpc 1.9.3 gives many new warnings. The following code
> > > demonstrates 6 types, where I'm not sure why they now need a warning.
> > > Maybe the compiler cracks can tell me, which of them should I report as
> > > bugs:
> >
> > Now they are called 'many old warnings'.
>
>:)
>
>Great.
>

>I just got an amok running fpc, allocating mem in an endless loop. It's not
>reproducable. But it's not the first time in the last few weeks. Anything
>known about it?

The compiler was in an endless loop?

When you run a compiler (or any other program) with debuginfo you can
attach (this is also the gdb command) to it with gdb from a different
console when the program is already running. For things like endless loops
is then usefull to do and then to retrieve the backtrace
Peter