[fpc-devel] compiler bug?

Jose Manuel qkysoft at arrakis.es
Fri Dec 31 23:01:47 CET 2004

[]
> > You're programing, the C way.
[]

> > You can't expect that -1 equals True, and any other value
> equals false, (I
>
> You can expect whatever it's documented "equals true" and
> sometimes you must

That's right. I can expect whatever is documented. In C there's no boolean
type. In Pascal (as in C++), boolean type is on its own.
If you typecast an integer to a boolean you are on you own, Maybe I'm wrong
but AFAIK there's no documented way how a Pascal Compiler ought to implement
Boolean Types. (Not to say Windows 1,2,4 bytes Booleans)

> know what's the internal representation of the data, i.e. when
> you're linking
> with code written in different languages or writing inline assembler.

¡Chapuzas!
You can't depend on the internal representation of any data. Maybe a quick
and dirty fix, but no further
Pascal is Pascal. Clearity and type safe. Anyway Pascal allows that
(explicit, it's gotta be explicit) conversion, try it in ADA.
I'm afraid your a C(ecer).
And assembler ... Well! We all have to resort to assembler some time or
later. But I see no relation.

> ¡Feliz año, torpedo! :-)
Posdepué d'aberhablaó contigo estoy un pelín disgustaó
Recuerdo2 patiytuhijo