[fpc-devel]Access violation with IndexName property of TDbf

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Aug 3 09:42:47 CEST 2004

Tony Maro wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a TDbf issue, or an FPC db issue, so I'm
> posting both places.  I'm using CVS of FPC from about 1 hour ago.
>
> Basically, whatever I do, if I try to set the "IndexName" or
> "IndexFieldNames" property of the TDbf I get an access violation.

Found it...

This only occurs if there are no records yet.  Here's why:

On or about    dataset.inc: 1582
    If (GetRecord(Fbuffers[FRecordCount-1],gmcurrent,True)<>grOk) and

Think of what happens if there's no records.  It passes:

GetRecord(FBuffers[-1],...

Access Violation.

Don't ask me the proper way to fix it though.

-Tony Maro