[fpc-devel]Upper/lowercae in fcl/db/dbase

Sun Aug 1 15:08:10 CEST 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> could someone rename all units in fcl/db/dbase to lowercase and make the
> changes to the makefile and such?
>
> Now the tdbf lazarus-components won't compile, because it uses 'DBF' in
> stead of 'Dbf'. I can change that, but if someone else wants to use the
> dbf-unit he has to known that he has to use 'Dbf'

I have already fixed the lazarus registration units here at home. I just
need to send them to someone of the lazarus group. Lazarus will insert the
filename correctly when you add a component.

> Further the debugger doesn't work with the filenames which are used now in
> the CVS.

Why not ?

> I know that tdbf is not only a fpc-package, but the filenames as they are
> now are highly irritative/buggy.

I am reluctant to change the case, because TDBF is not a fpc package, and
changing the filenames will break compatibility with Kylix (also supported
by TDBF). Furthermore, it means changing all filenames each time I import
the component from TDBF cvs...

Maybe Micha Nelissen can give some opinions/ideas ? If he gives the go-go,
I'll change it in FCL CVS...

Michael.