[fpc-devel]decal

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Apr 18 18:12:14 CEST 2004

> Alle 20:30, martedì 13 aprile 2004, Marco van de Voort ha scritto:
> > I ported the Delphi library "Decal" (used to be called SDL, by
> > Soletta) to FPC 1.9.[2? 3!]+.

> Thank  you for the porting, it was one of the most needed libraries in
> fpc IMHO (I consider the cntnrs unit in Delphi a simple joke in
> comparison :-) . I'm planning to use Decal in a free accounting project
> that I started developing with fpc on linux. Hope I'll be able to
> provide some useful feedbacks

That'd be welcome, since it is still essentially untested.

>> I'm currently correcting a quick
>> conversion of the manual to LaTeX, which I hope to put in CVS end of
>> the week.

> 's the original manual from Soletta? Something about 80
> pages I guess, a huge work indeed...

PDF - > Word - rtftex -> _lots of joeing_ -> .tex -> .pdf :-)

I put the result on http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/decal.pdf

It should be essentially the same as the original save some formatting,
however now we can really edit and CVS revision the manual.

> hope that it would contribute
> to form a community of DeCAL users to renew the interest in this great
> library (I've seen that the Source Forge page was surprisingly inactive
> in the last years in terms of cvs commits, but I'm quite sure fpc will
> make the difference now). Thank you again, Dean

You could check the bugs in SF.NET, and compare them to the FPC version
of decal.
Marco van de Voort (MarcoV at Stack.nl or marco at freepascal.org)