[fpc-devel]Array of const TVarRec issues?

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 16 04:37:24 CEST 2003

I am trying to get TDataSet.SetFields working, so I tried to implemented
Assign and AssignValue and just have SetFields call it to do the dirty
work instead of doing the same thing. It apears to work for Integers,
however any sort of String causes segfault's. Doing a writeln I get the
value, but calling AsString it crashes, and moreover an additional check
of if (Self is TField) fails. yet when I pass an integer value to the
same field, goes through the same routine, and AsInteger and it works
fine. Very confusing.

There also seems to be issues with passing an array of const unless it
is const value, since I never had issues like this in the past, I pulled
out old code I wrote awhile back that worked in 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 that did
similar things with tvarrec and co. the old compiled binaries work, but
it often causes compiler panics etc on the array of const, and when it
does compile after tweaking I get the same issues with using strings and
I guess general corruption.

I am wondering if TVarRec and Const has gotten buggy(er) in the last
release(1.0.10)? and if so how can I fix/workaround this?

Andrew