[fpc-devel]fpc and VirtualPC/Mac OS X

Dr. Karl-Michael Schindler schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Tue Oct 21 10:56:43 CEST 2003

Hi there,

In an attempt to join in with the development of fpc for MacOS X, I
installed fpc using SUSE 386 linux and VirtualPC. I started with fpc
1.0.10 and downloaded the sources for 1.1.

The problem and my analysis:

The problem is that when trying to compile 1.1 I get an error in
objpas/math.pp around line 50 where the constants minextended and
maxextended are set. Now, some time back I was trying the similar thing
with version 1.0.6, but using win95 and win98 and VirtualPC and I got
stuck at the same thing. I traced back the problem to the values of the
constants. If I change them to values in the range of single precision,
the compile goes through. At that time I thought that it is related to
windows or the fpc port to windows. However, since the problem is the
same under Linux, my guess is, that is has to do with VirtualPC, which
otherwise does a fine job.

My questions:

Did anybody try to compile fpc using any system (Windows or unix or
what so ever) under VirtualPC?
Did you experience the same problem with math.pp?

Can anybody try this with a VirtualPC/Windows setup?

Bet wishes -

Dr. Karl-Michael Schindler
FB Physik
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
D-06099 Halle (Saale)
Germany
Tel.: ++49 (0) 345 552-5563