[fpc-devel]proposition changes in unit TYPES

darekM darekm at emadar.com
Wed Oct 1 22:18:50 CEST 2003

I try use FPC 1.1 for Windows
and I have problem with some of types declarations
for example THandle is declared many times

in WINDOWS.PP (base.inc) is:

  Thandle= HANDLE = type Cardinal;

in CLASSES (classesh.inc)
  THANDLE = longint;

in SYSUTILS

with other types like POINT RECT I have similar problems: many collisions
with different types

in 1.1RTL is unit TYPES but for me is not good

I suggest to prepare TYPES to fundamental unit
declares in it all common types
and reuse them in CLASSES, WINDOWS, UNITS
but TYPES must not use any unit, (delete WINDOWS, SYSUTILS from interface)
with this changes can be avoid problems with misplaced types

Darek

www.emadar.com