[fpc-devel]Re: Bug in AssignPipe() on Linux

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 04:56:41 CET 2003

> This is the culprit.
> People that have this file don't have the problem.

Yes, that's the problem -

  open("/etc/timezone", O_RDONLY)         = -1 ENOENT

If I create an empty file named /etc/timezone
the program still fails:

  open("/usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT

If I also create that file, the program succeeds.

On my system (SuSE 7.1) I have /etc/localtime:
  symbolic link to /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT

 - but I can't find a file named "timezone" anywhere.