[fpc-devel]fpc-1.9.0: problems with fpcmake

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Nov 9 14:14:36 CET 2003

[snip]

>  (2) It's obvious when looking in the source, but wasn't mentioned
> anywhere (or I didn't find it) that the new linux unit is currently
> empty and you have to use oldlinux instead...

That's because oldlinux is not 100% compatible, and never will be. It is
only meant as an aide for porting purposes.

Also oldlinux will be linux/i386 only (so code running on other processors
and other Unix processes won't have it)

The units to use are baseunix and unix. Most often used calls from unit
linux are in unit baseunix.

Unit unix might change a bit in time.