[fpc-devel]Re: some m68k releated stuff

Balogh, Karoly (Charlie/iNQ) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Fri Mar 28 09:31:57 CET 2003

Hi,

On 2003-03-28, Pierre Muller wrote:

>> Here are a few things about the m68k version i'd like to discuss.
>> First, how well the FPU codegenerator is tested in the m68k version?
>> [...] So, are there any known defects of the FPU code generator, or
>> should i try to give a small example program which shows the error?
> What version do you use?
> the Amiga napshot that Carl created?

I've compiled it myself from CVS sources. (Using a Linux/x86 box.)
But i tried Carl's snapshot too, and it didn't made any differences.

> Did you try the linux or the netbsd port?

No, only the Amiga port. I've no Linux/68k or NetBSD/68k installed here.

> The main difference, is that these two ports have
> do not use FPU emulation by default.
> Testing your code under these target would allow
> to check if the problems are generic fpu code generation problem
> or problems specific to the ports that use emulation by default.

And what if i build an Amiga port which uses FPU by default? Is it
possible somehow? It would be much more easy for me than a BSD or
Linux install. (And after then, port my code to BSD and Linux...)

>> Second, is there a chance to get '020 style addressing supported in
>> inline assembly? So to use (1234,a0) instead of 1234(a0). Well, it's
>> not that important, but can come handy in some cases...
> That should problably not be very difficult to implement....
> just take a look into m68k/raasm.pas
> procedure BuildReference
> and extend it to support comma after a constant expression....

Ahem, well... Maybe i'll take a look. :]

Bye,
--
Charlie/iNQ
[.wanna.touch.diz?.amiga1200.os31.68060/50.48mb.2,5"ide.pcmcianet.]