[fpc-devel]'= type pointer' doesn't work in package?

andrew johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 7 13:41:47 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 05:47, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> andrew johnson wrote:
> > I was trying to get the gtk2 headers into a normal fpc package format
> > and discovered that while for instance glib2 will compile with no issue
> > with fpc directly, when compiled as a package within an fpc 1.0.7
> > tree(from yesterday), it raises an error "cannot create unique type from
> > this type" and then a compiler panic 99999 on
> >
> >    PGMemChunk = type pointer; // internal structure of gmem.c
> >    PGAllocator = type pointer; // internal structure of gmem.c
> >
> > this happens anywhere in the gtk2 code where '= type pointer' is used.
> > commenting out the 'type' everything works.
> >
> > any ideas why? is this a bug with a flag passed to packages?
> >
>  > I have not tried this with 1.1 yet.
>
> IIRC "cannot create unique type from this type" is a 1.1 message?

Its possible.. but fpc and ppc386 in the search path are 1.0.7, so not
sure how it could be using 1.1

Like I said. it only happens when compiled in the fpc tree, aka if the
package gtk2 is in packages/extra/ and compiled as part of Make
linuxzip.

When I move the package outside the tree and compile it directly it
works fine.

but not sure anymore since after reinstalling the snapshots from last
night it works everywhere including in the fpc tree. though now I am
getting linking errors all over the place, like XLIB one...

Andrew