[fpc-devel]Debugging fpc

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Tue Apr 8 16:52:17 CEST 2003

On dinsdag, apr 8, 2003, at 17:41 Europe/Brussels, Yakov Sudeikin wrote:

> Or I do not know how to display them, GDB keeps saying
> "symbol not found or something" when I try something like
> "xxxx.yyy[123].nnn^".

Some people use the FP IDE, others (like me) use gdb. Some tips:

* you have to type fields of records and classes in uppercase
* if you typecast a class instance to another type, you have to use
TOtherClassType(ClassInstance^) (i.e. you have to add an extra ^ at the
end). Sometimes you also need the ^ when acessing fields of classes in
long expressions.

If you use the FP IDE, you don't need the first trick afaik, because it
uses a modified version of libgdb.

Jonas