[fpc-devel]fpgtk problem

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sat Apr 5 01:42:02 CEST 2003

At 07.41 04/04/2003, you wrote:
>You can't use a function to push the values, because returning from the
>function will cleanup the stack.

first, it was just pseudo-code. Second, Exit isn't a true function either.
Nor Break. Nor WriteLn. Third, my point is that, despite it generates a lot
of inline code, it isn't certainly impossible. And, fourth and last, I add:
just like now there is a pseudo-type called "array of const" that the
compiler handles in a special way, I don't see why there can't be a
pseudo-type "TVAList" as well. FreePascal isn't interested in ISO
compliance, right? so why bother?

>>>And also there is a difference between pascal and C if the value or the
>>>address where the value is stored is pushed.
>>Are you sure? I think there doesn't need to be any difference. Again, I
>>think the Borland compiler already takes this in account
>Sorry i don't understand what you want to make clear here. There is no
>Borland compiler used at all.

I was just saying that Delphi can pass arguments to C/C++ code flawlessly
(apart from ellipses) and in the exact manner you'd expect, so I don't see
why FreePascal can't