[fpc-devel]Status of the BeOS port?

Olivier Coursiere olivier.coursiere at laposte.net
Sat Oct 19 00:17:26 CEST 2002

  Hi,

>The only thing missing from the BeOS port, are the wrappers around
>the C++ API of BeOS, and a clean interface unit with libroot.sockets
>and other such base libraries. For the rest the BeOS port should be
>considered complete i think. It would really be great if the BeOS
>wrappers could be added to the FPC packages so that native GUI
>applications can be developped.

This is the goal of BePascal.

Yes, in the future, the pascal units in our wrapper can be part of a
BeOS fpc package.
But what about the shared object ? Which files can be added to the
package ?

  - the binaries ?
  - the C/C++ sources ?

We can also produce a separate package.

Now, only a few classes are wrapped (and only one is complete :
BSerialPort).  But things will change in a few weeks. I am writting a
tool that will generate most of the C/C++ and the pascal sources (about
80 %).

Olivier