[fpc-devel]Status of the BeOS port?

Carl Eric Codere carl.codere at optimasc.com
Fri Oct 18 09:08:25 CEST 2002

At 23:50 16.10.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>> >Hello all,
>>
>>I am one of the BePascal developper.
>> >
>> >What is the status of the BeOS port? I have not found any snaphot for
>>this
>> >platform. Is 1.0.6 the last version available?
>>
>>The BeOS port is available and works quite well. You can download it at
>>http://www.freepascal.org/down-beos.html.
>>But you can only develop console applications.
>
>>There is no official relation between the two project :
>>
>>Though I would prefer a closer relation :) it could improve
>>the BeOS port a lot because the BeOS knowledge in the current
>>core team is little. Another nice thing would be a regulary
>>BeOS snapshot generation ...

The only thing missing from the BeOS port, are the wrappers around
the C++ API of BeOS, and a clean interface unit with libroot.sockets
and other such base libraries. For the rest the BeOS port should be
considered complete i think. It would really be great if the BeOS
wrappers could be added to the FPC packages so that native GUI
applications can be developped.