[fpc-devel]Calling yyparse() several times fails.

Ralf Paaschen paasch01 at marvin.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Fri May 3 22:59:22 CEST 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Ralf Paaschen wrote:
>
> > YACC: Line containing Hallo found.
> > Runtime error 103 at 0x08053A3A
> >   0x08053A3A
> >   0x080480B0
> >   0x00000000
>
> Compile everything with -gl, then you'll get line numbers next to the
> reutrn addresses, which should help you pinpoint the problem.

I just tried this but the line number I get is the one where yyparse() is
called. But thanks to the output on screen and DDD/gdb I know that
most of the yyparse procedure gets executed.

But I turned on the pyacc debug code. Then every internal state is
printed. And there is a difference towards the end of execution of the
both yyparse calls:

YACC: Line containing Hallo found.
state 2, char -1
reduce 2
state 1, char 0
---------successful parse!---------------

YACC: Line containing Hallo found.
state 2, char -1
reduce 2
Runtime error 103 at 0x0805426C

The "state 1, char 0" is never reached in the second case.

But at the moment I don't know how this can help me...

Greetings,
Ralf