[fpc-devel]Just joined

Robert Young robert.young at hksystems.com
Thu Jun 20 19:48:12 CEST 2002

 Hi I just joined your mailing list so this question may be a foolish
one.

 I downloaded fpc 1.06 just a little while ago and was paying around on
NT4.

 I compiled C:\pp\examples\fcl\gtkdemo.pp which compiled fine but when I
ran it, it was complaining that I needed

 gdk-1.3.dll.

 I was puzzled as to why I could not find a reference to where to get it
from the FPC site but through goggle I did find

 http://gtk.php.net/download.php

 which provided the dlls I needed ...BUT now that the demo runs it look
horrible.

 The spacing between letters are incorrect (about 1/2 of what they
should be).

 Is this normal?

 If not where can I get the correct dll's that I should be using.

 Thanks in advance Rob.